149 Watching Me
65 Got My Eye On
stumblingoverchaos

Stumbling Over Chaos

Oh, why the hell not be on Booklikes and LibraryThing (private library) and Goodreads...

I also have a blog and a tumblr. But I absolutely draw the line at Twitter and Facebook!

Autism All-Stars: How We Use Our Autism and Asperger Traits to Shine in Life - Jose Santomauro, Tony Attwood 2.5 stars. Ok collection of personal success stories from people with autism spectrum disorders. I found the introduction by Tony Attwood to be the most useful part of the book, particularly this: "In the typical brain, there is a preference for noticing and analyzing social information - for example, to prioritize the information contained in someone's facial expression rather than the shape of his ears. In autism, the brain notices, and finds interesting and informative, other aspects of experience. My simple definition of autism is that the person has found something more interesting in life than socializing."

"It is inevitable that the child who has autism will at some stage recognize that he or she is different from other children. A constructive response to this realization is to observe people in order to analyze their behaviour and motives, or to become an expert mimic in order to be accepted and included."